Our ideal candidate lives for True Crime—they can handle the most menacing serial killer, the goriest details, and don’t flinch at the chilling paranormal. And they love it so much that they’re willing to stream it nonstop for 24 hours. Along with watching, they’ll be documenting their True Crime all-nighter on social media so everyone will see if they can hack it… or not.
- “Murder Maps: The Bermondsey Horror” – 44 minutes
- “Murder Maps: The Brides in the Bath Killer” – 44 minutes
- “Murder Maps: In the Shadow of Jack” – 44 minutes
- “Lady Killers: Amelia Dyer” – 47 minutes
- “Lady Killers: Elizabeth Bathory” – 46 minutes
- “The White Widow” – 51 minutes
- “10 Steps to Murder: Peter Morgan” – 43 minutes
- “10 Steps to Murder: Isabella Gossling” – 43 minutes
- “The Writer With No Hands” – 54 minutes
- “Murder of Lee Irving” – 47 minutes
- “What Happened to Holly Barlett?” – 52 minutes
- “Nurses Who Kill: Karen Pedley” – 45 minutes
- “Nurses Who Kill: Paul Novak” – 43 minutes
- “Murder on the Internet: Fatal Targeting” – 43 minutes
- “Murder on the Internet: Social Media Menaces” – 43 minutes
- “21st Century Killer: Shawn Grate” – 43 minutes
- “21st Century Killer: Donna Perry” – 43 minutes
- “Body Snatchers of New York” – 32 minutes
- “The Alps Murders” – 45 minutes
- “Nightclub Killer” – 48 minutes
- “The Family Who Vanished” – 47 minutes
- “Finding Leigh” – 52 minutes
- “Parachute Murder Plot” – 46 minutes
- “Deep Water” – 86 minutes
- “Mistress Mercy: Bound by Guilt” – 43 minutes
- “Mistress Mercy: Breaking Free” – 44 minutes
- “Great Bank Heists” – 53 minutes
- “Behind Bars: Tent City Jail, Phoenix, Arizona” – 48 minutes
- “Behind Bars: Miami Dade County Jail Boot Camp” – 48 minutes
- “CyberCrimes with Ben Hammersley: Darknet” – 25 minutes
- “CyberCrimes with Ben Hammersley: Heists” – 25 minutes
- “CyberCrimes with Ben Hammersley: Scams” – 25 minutes
The winner chosen to take on this daunting task will walk away with:
- $2400 cash (if you complete the job requirements)
- 1-year free membership to MagellanTV.
But do not fear! 100 lucky runner-ups will also walk away with:
- 1-year free membership to MagellanTV ($60 value)
If you’ve got nerves of steel and this job sounds like the perfect fit for you, just fill out our application below! Tell us who you are, what social media platforms you’re active on, and a little bit about True Crime in your life. To really make yourself stand out, submit a video telling us why you’re perfect for the job.
Should you win this dream job, we’ll provide basic guidelines for tracking your True Crime journey. When it comes to sharing the experience via social media, we just want you to keep it real. Don’t worry if you accidentally drift into a dark dreamland—you’ll actually have 48 hours to complete this epic crime and mystery binge.
Please check your email for your submission confirmation. Be sure to check your spam folder if you don’t see it!
We do not accept additional attachments outside of the video option on the submission form. We apologize for any inconvenience.
We aren't accepting uploads, only links to videos. Please use a video service like YouTube or Vimeo Basic to send us a link to your video.
The winning candidate will be notified by email and/or phone within 10 business days of the closing date. If the winning candidate cannot be contacted or does not claim the prize within 5 days of notification, we reserve the right to withdraw the prize from the winner and pick a replacement winning candidate.
- Fill in all of the required fields.
- Ensure that you’re using a valid US zip code. Only US residents aged 18 and older can enter.
- Try refreshing your screen if the application form doesn’t load. If you are on a mobile device, consider using a laptop or computer to access the application form.
To apply, please fill out the submission form here.
The deadline to submit your application is April 18, 2022 at 5:00 pm EST.
Sadly, no. Our challenge is open to U.S. residents only.
Unfortunately, no. A parent or guardian cannot submit an application on behalf of a minor. All applicants must be at least 18 years old.
We require at least one social media account for a person to be considered for the position. One of the job requirements is sharing your experience via one or more social media channels, so at least one social media account is necessary for consideration.
If you are a journalist looking for more information, please email to email@example.com
Simply send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org with your question and we will do our best to help.
The rules of the sweepstakes and the prize for the winners are as follows:
The promoter of this sweepstakes is MagellanTV, whose principal office is located at MagellanTV LLC, 415 Mission Street, San Francisco, CA 94105.
Employees of MagellanTV or their family members or anyone else connected in any way with the competition or helping to set up the competition shall not be permitted to enter the competition.
Open to residents of the 50 United States and D.C. 18 years of age or older as of April 5, 2022, at 8 a.m. PST.
VOID WHERE PROHIBITED.
There is NO ENTRY FEE AND NO PURCHASE NECESSARY TO ENTER THIS COMPETITION. Any purchase or consideration otherwise given by entrants will not improve one’s chances of winning.
LIMITATION OF LIABILITY: By entering this giveaway, applicants waive all right to and hold the Clearlink harmless from any claim, liability, loss, injury, damage (including punitive, incidental, and consequential damages), or expense (including attorneys’ fees) arising out of or in connection with this giveaway or the acceptance, use, or misuse of any prize. SOME JURISDICTIONS DO NOT ALLOW THE LIMITATIONS OR EXCLUSION OF LIABILITY FOR INCIDENTAL OR CONSEQUENTIAL DAMAGES, SO THE ABOVE MAY NOT APPLY TO YOU. Clearlink will not be responsible for: late, incomplete, or incorrect entries; an entrant’s failure to receive prize notices due to entrant’s spam, junk e-mail, or other security settings, or for entrants’ provision of incorrect or otherwise non-functioning contact information; technical, hardware, or software malfunctions, lost or unavailable network connections, or failed, incorrect, inaccurate, incomplete, garbled, or delayed electronic communications whether caused by the sender or by any of the equipment or programming associated with or used in this giveaway; by any human error which may occur in the processing of the applications in this giveaway; or any typographical, technological, or other error in the publishing of the offer, administration of the giveaway, or announcement of the winners (“Winners”).
- The Campaign Period will begin on April 5, 2022, at 8 a.m. PST.
- The Campaign Period will end on April 18, 2022, at 5 p.m. EST.
One winner will be selected from the entire pool of eligible entries. The selection process will be purely random, but the selected applicant must meet our requirements. The winner will be required to complete certain tasks determined by the MagellanTV team. If the winner does not follow through with the tasks required of them, they will not receive their cash prize of $2,400.
One hundred runner-ups will be selected to receive a 1-year free membership ($60 value) to MagellanTV, in lieu of a cash prize.
The odds of winning depend on the number of entries received.
The winner will be notified by email and/or letter within 10 business days of the closing date. If the winner cannot be contacted or does not claim the prize within 5 days of notification, we reserve the right to withdraw the prize from the winner and pick a replacement winner.
MagellanTV will notify the winner when and where the prize can be collected.
No cash alternative to the prizes will be offered. The prizes are not transferable. Prizes are subject to availability and MagellanTV reserves the right to substitute any prize with another of equivalent value without giving notice.
MagellanTV may use third-party services to help facilitate and administer this competition. By submitting an application, you agree that MagellanTV may share your information with third parties to facilitate and administer the competition.
The Winner’s name will be available 28 days after the closing date by sending a stamped addressed envelope to the following address:
MagellanTV LLC 80 Business Park Drive Suite 307 Armonk, NY 10504
MagellanTV’s decision in respect of all matters to do with the competition will be final and no correspondence will be entered into. MagellanTV reserves the right to cancel or amend this sweepstakes and these Terms and Conditions without notice.
The sweepstake and these Terms and Conditions will be governed by law in the state of New York, and any disputes will be subject to the exclusive jurisdiction of the courts of the state of New York.
By entering this sweepstakes, entrants agree to be bound by these Terms and Conditions.